You can download the latest resume here:
- This page is hResume compatible.
- Brian Chabot’s Resume in HTML format with valid markup
- A JSON version is available at this address.
Below is an online version you can read here:
Brian H. Chabot
- +1 (603) 728-1469
- Boston Metro North (NH)
- United States
To promote both my skills and efficiency by creating a results- and team-oriented environment which produces an important and useful product or service to our customers.
I am NOT currently available to start work unless you can exceed my current salary AND support 100% remote work. I have experience working remotely and can serve your company in that regard no matter where you are located. DO NOT contact me for any other positions.
- Systems Engineering
- Network Administration
- Datacenter to cloud migration
- Established network and systems monitoring and analysis
- Coordinated with diverse teams for defined goals
- Wrote Scripts for User/Group Management in PowerShell
- Wrote Custom Nagios Checks in Perl
- Set up Automation of Hosted Customer Installations
- Documented how the Automation Works as well as End User Instructions
- Participated in Escalation Support of Managed Services
Coordinated an international team of engineers for a major contract for cross-platform cloud migration to Microsoft Azure. (Short Term Contract) Hired Full Time at CloudLanes in November, 2015. Developed, documented, tested, and supported installation of systems for CloudLanes virtual tape library systems, coordinated integration with customer supplied Microsoft StorSimple devices and Azure infrastructure, and provided enterprise level support throughout the product life cycle.
- Managed Solutions Team for Customer Installations
- Documented Build and Deployment Process
- Architected Solutions to Complex Situations
- Performed Quality Assurance Testing and Provided Troubleshooting Solutions
- Worked Closely with Third Party Engineers for Custom Development Needs
- Participated in Test Lab Engineering and Administration
Provided a full range of support for the Millennial Media product suite. Patched operating systems, deployed/debugged Millennial Media code, wrote custom monitoring plugins, responded to outages/emergencies, racked & wired up a data center rack, and regularly was required to master new technologies. Demonstrated creative and methodical problem solving abilities.
- Creatively debugged complex problems
- Monitored the health of our production systems using Icinga, Cacti, and other tools
- Wrote comprehensive documentation
- Participated in a 24×7 on-call pager rotation
- Maintained a secure and SOX compliant infrastructure.
- Performed LDAP administrative duties to restrict access to critical infrastructure.
Managed IT resources, specializing in Linux servers in a mixed Operating System Environment for international clients
- Responsible for Windows and Linux servers including MySQL, Puppet, and CentOS
- Maintained Physical & Virtual (QEMU & VMware) Systems in local and remote Data Centers
- Rolled out Active Directory Integration with Linux Servers
- Managed Network & Systems Monitoring including OpenNMS, Nagios, and PandoraFMS
- Managed interactions with third party vendors including ISP, Telecom, Software & Hardware.
- Managed IT hardware and software inventory
Provided tier 2 and tier 3 Systems Administration support for engineers.
- Maintained Data Center and Hardware Laboratory
- Documented Procedures and Processes
- Maintained Linux and Windows based Virtual Machines in a VMware ESXi environment
- Supported integrated environment with NetApp Data Storage Products
- Provided support for maintenance and upgrades of Cisco, IBM, and Fujitsu hardware for virtualization
- Worked closely with a tightly integrated, international team of diverse support personnel
Founded a brick-and-mortar retail computer company which provides web site creation and computer sales and service.
- Created company from its inception
- Designed and built all prototype and production systems
- Managed all day to day operations and finances
- Created and implemented sales and marketing plans
- Created and maintained company web site, email, and blog
- Made and took complete responsibility for all business decisions
- Provided Web Site development & support for customers through the Kooraté brand.
- Completed all repairs and upgrades for customer computer systems.
Provided all levels of system engineering and support, from creating the servers to configuring the software to monitoring all aspects of network operations and systems efficiency. Designed, created, configured, & maintained their Webstantial product line.
- Installed and maintained a Red Hat Enterprise Linux host for OpenVZ Virtualization.
- Managed CentOS and Ubuntu virtual systems including installation and load balancing.
- Installed and maintained Open Source and Commercial software including Apache, Nginx, Postfix, WordPress, Sugar CRM, and many more.
- Created and maintained network and intrusion monitoring systems.
- Advised executive management of all IT matters.
Monitored DynDNS customers for signs of abuse; solved cases of actual abuse, and acted as the liaison between company and legal authorities including lawyers, law enforcement, and others.
- Searched for, found, and terminated abusive accounts
- Investigated and reported against spam, copyright, fraud, and other crimes
- Answered subpoenas for records
- Worked with Law Enforcement Agencies to track down computer criminals on our system
- Resolved intellectual property issues between customers and the public
- Pro-actively searched out and rectified internal causes of network abuse and criminal activity
- Answered email complaints and tracked all cases through a web based trouble ticket system
Emphasis in Business Management and Aviation